Its Safety and Use Overview
Robert Burns, Ph.D.
This is a general safety statement regarding the use of ACID√Check’s Proprietary Alkalizing Formulation (PAF) as a dietary supplement. Many dietary supplements are marketed with little or no scientific studies on their impact with regard to human physiology and with no sound basis for expecting any beneficial result. The proprietary alkalizing formulation in our products has undergone extensive testing, has been reviewed by the USDA and approved for various structure/function claims. The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) recently completed testing on ACID√Check’s PAF and demonstrated that two independent lots were free of anabolic androgenic steroids and stimulants. We guarantee that all lots are produced with the highest quality ingredients and production standards. Ed.
ACID√Check’s PAF is a mineral based crystalline composition that has localized and systemic alkalizing effects in the body. Cellulose gum and gel binders bond the minerals together to make free flowing granules utilizing a patented damp agglomeration process.
- All ingredients, in the amounts delivered in ACID√Check’s PAF, are recognized by law to be generally recognized as safe (GRAS) according to 21CFR 184.1191/1428/1622/1631. GRAS status is reached only after thorough scientific review by the American Academy of Sciences.
- The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has reviewed data regarding ACID√Check’s PAF uniformity and safety. It recognizes ACID√Check’s PAF as a New Dietary Ingredient (NDI), a regulatory requirement for dietary supplement safety and uniformity that few supplements can achieve.
- Cyto-toxicity tests of ACID√Check’s PAF showed no negative reactions with live cell cultures.
- Stanford Research Institute lab animal tested a single dose of ACID√Check’s PAF at about 100 times the advertised human dosage and found no negative effects on the animals.
- ACID√Check’s PAF slowly releases its active ingredients distributing them throughout the digestive tract.
- An independent researcher interviewed fifteen human subjects after an 18-month trial taking about 1000mg of ACID√Check’s PAF for each 50 pounds of body weight per day. The researcher found no adverse events during the entire 18 month trial.
- We monitor serious adverse events (SAE) using FDA drug reporting standards and have never had an SAE report, even with thousands of consumers using the products over a period of more than ten years as a food additive or supplement.
- Product uniformity and composition is reviewed by an independent laboratory with each batch. ACID√Check’s PAF exceeds FDA’s pharmaceutical drug product uniformity requirements.
- Our previous test had two athletes taking up to eleven 1000mg tablets per day under medical supervision. Blood chemistry data of the athletes was collected and monitored during the tests. All physiological and blood chemistry were within normal limits.
- ACID√Check’s PAF has been sold as a food and beverage additive for over 10 years and in 2006 a product line was launched that focuses on athletes and this is an extension of that line with addition of more magnesium.
- The United States Anti-Doping Agency’s (USADA’s) doctor reviewed the ingredient list for ACID√Check’s PAF and stated that each of them was acceptable for use.
- The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) completed testing on ACID√Check’s PAF and found both independent lots to be free of anabolic androgenic steroids and stimulants.
ACID√Check’s Proprietary Alkalizing Formulation (PAF) is a physical composition, not a chemical composition. It derives much of its characteristics from its structure. Chemists often do not appreciate the difference. This is explained in over simplified terms by contrasting pure carbon (a chemical concept) with graphite, diamond, and buckminsterfullerene i.e. “bucky-balls” (which are structurally different but are all pure carbon). ACID√Check’s PAF contains GRAS ingredients in amounts that are safe and holds them in a precisely structured, slow-release composition.